John Abraham sentenced to jail

Bollywood actor John Abraham, who has been sentenced to 15 days in jail in a rash and negligent driving case registered in 2006, Friday said he would appeal against the verdict.

"To begin with, I'm a law abiding citizen and I will be appealing this verdict and will go to every length to have this verdict appealed. I'm advised that I have a good chance of succeeding this appeal, " John, who is currently out on bail, said in a statement here Friday night.

"I am also clarifying with this statement only because I am a public figure and in all modesty I do have a large youth interaction, who look to me for guidance and leadership and inspiration and I don't want them to feel or take way that when wronged, we do not fight for what is right, " John said, reading from the statement.

"I also want to categorically state that I have the highest regard for the judicial system of our great country and this is more of a personal clarification I felt compelled to make due to the public life that I also lead than I commenting in any way to the judicial view, " he added.

John was Thursday sentenced to 15 days jail by a city court. He was charged under sections 279 (rash driving or riding on a public way) and 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code. He immediately applied for bail and deposited a fine of Rs.1, 500.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...