Lady GaGa: I'm here to cause a ruckus'

Lady GaGa has spoken out against claims that her video for new single 'Judas' is religiously offensive, but admitted that she does enjoy causing controversy.

The video for 'Judas' premiered last night, and depicts GaGa as biblical character Mary Magdalene stuck in a love triangle with both Jesus and Judas, who are portrayed by Rick Gonzalez and Norman Reedus respectively.

"I believe I was put on this earth to cause a ruckus," GaGa told E! News when asked about the heavily criticised video.

"At the beginning when I came out with 'Just Dance' I couldn't get an interview, I couldn't get on the radio," GaGa explained. "I just want to keep making stuff that's great and thought-provoking."

GaGa downplayed claims that the video is religiously offensive, insisting that it was just a way for her to express her interest in religious art.

"In my opinion, the only controversial thing about this video is that I'm wearing Christian Lacroix and Chanel in the same frame," GaGa joked. "The video is not meant to be an attack on religion, I respect and love everyone's beliefs."
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...