Photo



#bordeaux #merignac nuages et tempךte (Taken with instagram)



#bordeaux (Taken with instagram)



Le ciel א des vergetures ahah! #bordeaux (Taken with instagram)



Me x Jedi SB’s on Flickr.



I’m ugly; look at my nose it looks hugeeee. :(



1993 Chateau Mouton-Rothschild

Monday’s aren’t usually a big day for first growth Bordeaux, but who am I to complain about bucking this trend.

I wasn’t particularly elated about the ‘93 before opening it (I’ve been let down by such vintages so often in the past) but I am happy to report that this is pretty damn good Mouton. The nose showcases classic cedar and pencil shaving notes with subtle wafts of red currant and dried fruit. There is a foreboding sense of power on the nose and I’m expecting a Mouton with a pronounced structural hardness (as if reinforced with steel). However, I’m pleasantly surprised with how elegant the ‘93 is on the palate, and though it has well defined structural elements, they’re not austere. For first growth I find the palate uncomplicated and reminiscent, mostly, just of excellent Bordeux, and don’t get me wrong, this is excellent wine. In the end, for what it costs, I found the ‘93 a little less complex than I’d like with a bit of shortness across the palate. The finish is also fairly one note and not especially lingering.

That said, Mouton is Mouton and a treat as always (especially since I don’t pay to taste)… But I wonder if this vintage is worth the money.

-JL



Me and My Nephew







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...