Man Walks 1,000 Miles To Marry

Bet you are wondering how did this happen? Good question, let’s get into a bit of the details now. The bride to be, Ling Hsueh, is a big fan of the Scottish band Proclaimers. One of their hit singles is “I’m Gonna Be (500 miles)”.

When Lui first ask Ling to marry him, she hinted that he would need to prove his love like the band does in the song and walk 500 miles to ask her to marry him. However, before Ling could stop to let him know she was just playing, Lui was out the door and on his way.

The only difference is he doesn’t stay 500 miles from her. He stays 1,000 miles from her front door, but is willing to take on the feat for the woman he loves.

Liu lives in Henan province. Ling lives in Guagndong province in south-east China. They are 1,000 miles from each other and double the distance in the Proclaimers song.

Liu hopes Ling will say yes once he reaches her doorstep, but there is little reason to believe she will not say yes. The woman has agreed to marry him and feels it is not necessary for him to complete the 1,000 mile walk.

Personally, I think this is a great story about a man who really loves a woman and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. I am not sure how many marriages would take place if one party had to walk 1,000 miles before marrying the person they claim they love. Maybe the divorce rate wouldn’t be so high around the world if this was a barrier to marriage. Only the serious couples would get married and thus shrink the divorce rate.

Do you think you could walk 1,000 miles for the man or woman you wanted to marry? I would like to think I have it in me to do this, but that is a long way to go to get married. However, looking back on the last 10 years of my marriage, I think I would do it if I had to. My wife has been the best thing that has ever happened to me by far.

Hopefully, this 1,000 mile gesture goes a long way to bring the newly engaged couple nothing but joy and happiness. It is a wonderful thing to demonstrate your love for the woman you want to marry. Credit
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...